Last modified: January 1, 2020
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Apps or Site, register on the apps or site, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, Services, features or resources we make available on our Apps and Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, last name, email address, work history, skills profile, health and wellness behaviors, educational background, photograph, gender, location, language, phone number, birthday, social network account IDs, social network contacts and quiz responses. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Apps- and Site-related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Apps and Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the IP address, the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
You may also see ads for our Site on third party websites, including on social media. These ads may be tailored to you using cookies (which track your web activity, so enable us to serve ads to customers who have visited our Site). Where you see an ad on social media, this may because we have engaged the social network to show ads to our customers, or Users who match the demographic profile of our customers. In some cases, this may involve sharing your email address with the social network. If you no longer want to see tailored ads you can change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser and these third party websites.
How we use collected information
Veebit LLC may collect and use Users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- To develop psychometric profiles based on User responses to personality quizzes.
- To develop aggregated psychometric content.
- To display your profile to other site Users and enable organizations and to compare your profile with others in their organization. Control of whether the profile is made public is strictly the User’s on an opt-in basis.
- To improve customer service: Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the Services and resources provided on our Apps and Site.
- To improve our Apps and Site: We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and Services.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Apps and Site features: To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails: We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their profile and account. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
- To send our newsletter: On registration the User is automatically opted-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email, or User may contact us via our Site or App.
- Legal rights and obligations: We may use or share your personal information where reasonably necessary to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims or as otherwise required by law.
Where the personal information we process is subject to European data protection law, we rely on the following legal basis to process your personal data:
- The processing is necessary to provide our Services to you.
- You have consented to us using your personal information (e.g. where you add optional information to your account profile or if you consent to receive marketing from us).
- It is in our legitimate interests as an online service provider to maintain and promote our Services. We use information about you to tailor your view of the website, to make it more interesting and relevant, to develop aggregated profiles as described above, and to improve the Services we offer.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data-collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Apps and Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Apps and Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Our Site is also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure an environment as possible for Users.
Storage, de-activation and retention
You may delete your profile at any time. If you do not delete your profile, we will keep your personal information for the purposes set out above. If your profile is inactive and we have your email address, we will periodically remind you that your profile is still on line so you can consider whether you wish to delete it.
Certain data collected in the European Union may be processed in countries outside of Europe, including in countries where you may have fewer legal rights in respect of your data than you do under local law. If we transfer personal information outside the European Union we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriate safeguards, in particular by our own compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework. Please contact us if you would like more information about these safeguards.
Compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers. We may also share Users’ personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- With our suppliers and service providers working for us, e.g. hosting service providers.
- With our professional and legal advisors.
- Otherwise where we have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Subject to the relevant applicable law, you may have certain rights in respect of your personal information, including rights to access, correct and request the erasure of your personal data, and to receive a copy of information you have provided to us in electronic form.
We will comply with any requests to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request. To make any requests regarding your personal information, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal information, you should contact us using the details below. You are also entitled to contact your local supervisory authority for data protection.
Veebit, LLC, 1133 15th Street, NW, 12th floor, Washington, DC, 20007, United States | 888-638-9632 | firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy Shield Policy
Veebit LLC (referred to as “we”, “us”, or “our”) complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union to the United States. We have certified to the Department of Commerce that we adhere to the Privacy Shield Principles. If there is any conflict between the terms in this Privacy Shield Policy and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles shall govern. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/. You can view a list of participating organizations here.
Scope. This Privacy Shield Policy applies to any personal information received by us from the European Union in reliance on Privacy Shield.
When we use the term “personal information” in this Privacy Shield Policy, we are referring to any information that is (i) recorded in any form, (ii) about an identified or identifiable individual and (iii) is received by us from the European Union.
When we use the term “sensitive personal information”, we are referring to information about an individual’s race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership or that concerns his or her health.
- Offer you the opportunity to opt-out of such disclosure or use; or
- In the case of sensitive personal information, not disclose or use your personal information in this way unless we have your affirmative consent.
Data security. We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to help safeguard and secure personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Data integrity and purpose limitation. We will process personal information in a manner that is compatible with and relevant to the purpose for which it was collected or authorized by individuals. To the extent necessary for those purposes, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is accurate, complete, current and reliable for its intended use.
Access. Upon request, we will provide you with reasonable access to the personal information about you that we hold. We will also take reasonable steps to correct, update, amend or delete any information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate, except where the burden or expense of doing so would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy in the case in question or where the rights of third parties would be violated.
Jurisdiction and enforcement. As part of our participation in Privacy Shield, we are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the US Federal Trade Commission.
Contact Veebit LLC and recourse. If you have any questions about this Statement or the information that we collect from you in reliance on Privacy Shield, please contact us at:
Veebit LLC, 1133 15th Street, NW, 12th floor, Washington, DC, United States | 888-638-9632 | email@example.com.
If you are concerned about how the personal information which you provided to us has been used, please address your inquiry or complaint first to us at the address listed above. We will investigate and attempt to resolve any complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of personal information in accordance with the Principles.
If your inquiry is not satisfactorily addressed by us, you may file a claim with:
JAMS3800 Howard Hughes Parkway, 11th Floor Las Vegas, NV 89169
There may also be circumstances when disputes can be resolved through the Privacy Shield binding arbitration process. Please see the Privacy Shield website for further information: https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction